"Life is far too important a thing to ever talk seriously about." -Oscar Wilde

Monday, June 9, 2008

Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip its been..




This weekend the fab four took our final trip together!! Ah. sadness. We went back to Green Turtle, the love of our lives, aka paradise and enjoyed four days and three nights of heaven. We swam like fish, played like 7 year olds, tanned like beach bums, studied like slackers, ate like kings and queens, and just enjoyed every moment of it! It was nice cause some other Legon students/friends of ours were there too, relaxing and studying, so we got to see them but mainly it was team bonding time.

Today I am packing and studying, tomorrow I am going to ace an exam, pack more, go to Danielle's with the crew for our farewell dinner. We all had to make something to represent our time in Ghana and mine is a poem- I'll post it after I present on Tuesday cause sometimes Jenna reads this (and I to hers..) and that would ruin the surprise (haha !). Wednesday Jenna and I might go up to Aburi to try to trade some of our leftovers for random stuff just for fun and Thursday morning I get on an airplane!

Hot damn, check me out. Almost home. I am very very confused emotionally right now, let alone like scatterbrained but excited. Its been awesome awesome awesome- I wouldn't trade it for the world. I learned so much about myself, my habits, Ghana, America and much more. I hope it all sticks when I get home. I'm worried I'm going to be like incompetent and so out of it so I might act like a Martian for a while.. don't judge me. haha.

More later!!

**PS happy birthday to the one and only Emily Cohen Bass- love love love you- sorry I'm not there to celebrate but soon enough!!**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture, love you. Come home and get your hugs, mom

Joan Temple said...

I love the picture, too, and have set it as my desktop background. Reading your blog (and Jenna's, too) gives me hope for the world's future. Keep spreading your joy and enthusiasm!
Best,
Jenna's mom