The man on our tro-tro home today from Danielle's asked us why we didn't go to church today.. and then he said he didn't go either cause he went yesterday.. then the conversation ensued.. haha classic Ghana chit-chat. Not the weather or the time or anything normal- just church.
On Friday, Jenna Dunc and I went to the cultural center to finish our shopping- picked up Brittney on the way which was nice because I hadn't seen her in so long! We got a lot of good deals cause we went back to my kente woman who I've now seen three times and brought like 4 different people to her.. so that was nice. We tried to trade some rastas for masks and other stuff so they took us to their shop and we looked around. I found this beautiful mask I reallly wanted so I asked him how much. He said $25 and I definitely didn't have that so I got him down to $10 but then realized I only had $5! I was like listen, I don't even have $10, I only have $5 and thats so unfair to you. If I pay $5 then you lose and I can't do that to you. It's worth more than that. And the rasta was like yes, yes, unfair, yes. So I was like damn. Two seconds later he comes back and goes "ok you take it." I was like for real? and he goes yea so I gave him the largest hug ever and paid him- happy as a clam. I was like yea! So I got this great mask to start my mask collection I decided I wanted to have. Go me. When we got back we just hung out, had some dinner- met Jesse's boyfriend and Erin's brother- both of whom are in town right now! So exciting!
Saturday we watched the Matador (funny movie- cool role for Pierce Brosnan..) in Tell's room because he has malaria again. Bummer. I took a long nap which was nice. We just hung out, nothing exciting really.
Today, Jenna Tell and I went to Danielle's to swim and for post-yoga brunch- we helped Daniel finish cooking while Danielle and her yoga crew finished up. It was delicious!! And we sat out by the pool for a few hours.
My next exam is on Wednesday and then we leave Thursday for Green Turtle part 2 as our last trip ! Ah! Freaking out. I've channeled all of my stress/anger/anxiety /excitement/sadness/confusion into my suitcase/packing situation so when we get back from our trip thats what I'll be doing. Then exam on the 10th and a last dinner with Danielle, Daniel, and Ryan and then home on the 12th! It's surreal. I can't believe its the end. Its been a terribly long but terribly short 4 months. Its been an awesome adventure but I'm also looking forward to my awesome summer- and being home with family, friends, the lovely ladies, William, Jessica- and then fall semester back in the dirty south and then China in January. Lucky me, what a great, happy full life to live and look forward to.. and hopefully less mosquitos!
"Life is far too important a thing to ever talk seriously about." -Oscar Wilde
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Can't wait to see you soon!!
Post a Comment