I promised myself I wouldn't put up a new entry if no one has commented on my last one but I think I'll break that promise just once...
Ok well, there's a lot going on over here while really not a lot.. I woke up Sunday with a fever but I took some motrin and that went away. I just spent the day with Duncan babysitting me and allowing me to take over his room cause Patricia and Wala were in mine making too much noise. We just hung out, read, whatever. Then for dinner me and Tell made corned beef hash with yams (no potatoes) and eggs with cheese and toast and fruit salad. Yum. But I went to bed with this horrid pain right under my ribcage on my right hand side, near my spleen as Jenna informed me (she's dissected a human body so I believe her). I couldn't even take in a full deep breath it hurt so bad. I woke up on Monday with that pain still so I decided to head back to the clinic. On my way, I called Danielle and she told me just to go over to her place and they'd see what was going on. I went there and they thought maybe it was just my body trying to deal with the toxins of the medication so they gave me some milk-thistle to clean it out and I just relaxed. After about an hour or so I was still in a lot of pain so Danielle sent me to her doctor- a legit, real doctor who uses common-sense and deductive reasoning- to see what was going on. I waited for about an hour in the most pain I've ever felt- I thought someone was stabbing me. Finally I went in to talk to him, told him my story, and he checked me out. He thought maybe my stomach lining was inflammed, from the strength of the medication, which wouldn't surprise me considering how sensititive my stomach is and how much medication I've been taking since I've been here- and sent me to do some bloodwork. I went back to Danielle's and waited for my lab results. Malaria was negative again- duh- and everything else was normal.
Woke up this morning with most of the pain gone, I can finally take a full deep breath. It just sorta moved down and spread out rather than being in one small space. We called the doctor all day finally just to get a "your results are all normal- no bacterial infection- so if its bad tomorrow, come in again" so I guess that's a good sign. I've just been hanging out here at Danielle's, resting and eating well- so hopefully tomorrow I can go back to school.
Other news, didn't get Nourish International. MAJOR bummer- I'm a little pissed but obviously at myself so that sucks. Jenna's parents are here and I haven't even seen them yet- I feel bad! I'm just so excited for mom to come. Passover this weekend- going with Danielle to her friend's- there will be a lot of people there which will be nice. I just hope I get my energy and spirit back- as of right now, I'm just sorta in the dumps and tired and feeling crappy- LAME. Glad I still have like 2 months left to make it better- if this was the end of my trip I'd be super annoyed.
So. Summary. Stuff is a little crappy right now. I hope the next post is much more exciting and happy and so on and so forth. I think I might need a day at the pool/beach.
"Life is far too important a thing to ever talk seriously about." -Oscar Wilde
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey Av, sorry about not getting the program maybe you can be involved on campus anyway with the group. Keep the faith baby, I am sure you will feel better soon. Love you, Mom
I LOVE YOU! I could say a lot of inspirational things, but I've decided I want to make you smile so....
KEEP ON TRUCKING!!!!
haha, I hope it worked a little (sorry it was a pretty pathetic attempt, but my brain's a little dead at the moment). You'll get through this because I know how strong and amazing you are!!!! Love, Erin
So sorry for you pain, hope by now you are better. Lucky for Danielle to be there for you along with other students. Wish I could hug you. Sorry about the grant, but other things will come along, they always do. Starting to prepare for Passover. A sweet passover to you and your friend Danielle and family. Love Grandma and Grandpa
Avra,
I have been reading your blog on a regular basis but I haven't been good at this posting thing. Sorry...I know you need to hear from your "people" back home!!! I am so sorry you are not feeling well. I agree with Erin...you are amazing and strong and if anyone can get through tough times, it is you. And....your mom will be there soon! Hopefully she is packing some chicken/matzo ball soup!! We love you Avra! Stay strong! Jean
Post a Comment