So I woke up this morning feeling like a million cedis- headache gone, fever gone, back pain gone- YES! That was great. We had been planning with our friend Ato to go to his house for like a month and I felt so bad having to cancel once again. We (Me, Jenna, Duncan, Kindy, and Tell) decided we would all be up for just a lunch with him and we told him maybe a 3 or 4 hour excursion would be manageable. We met Ato at around 10:30 to head to Tema. We took a tro-tro, it was easy enough, and ended up at his Aunt's house. I was still feeling good, we hung out, had some water, I had another malta (they're growing on me) while everyone else had beer. Haha! Apparently here if you have alcohol you WILL offer it to your guests and they WILL drink it. And you thought Jews and Italians were food pushers! We ate a delicious lunch of wakyee (beans and rice) with home made stew sauce and shito and salad. It was delicious but WAYYY too much for my stomach to handle. After that, I was feeling a little woozy so I told Ato I needed to go back. He said ok, soon. We went to visit his cousins down the street- they were super nice, young, fun to talk to but I was way out of it and not myself at all. Ato was like you are not looking so good anymore. I was like I KNOW lets go! So then Ato wanted us to meet his Aunt who was on her way home so we went BACK to his house to wait for her. At this point, I was about ready to die. Way too much stimulation this early in the game. Finally we met his aunt and we left. There was horrible traffic (of course) and it took forever to get home. Obruni olympics is in reference to this trip home where we had to cut across fields, jump over gutters, run across streets, and jump on tro-tros to get back. Tell and I dubbed it the Obruni Olympics because people were laughing at us (oh wow, Ghanaians laughing at Obrunis? What a new concept.. ha). When we got back, I immediately crashed out for a few hours. Now I'm just up and got some rice and took the rest of the meds. I hope tomorrow I feel a lot better and I will NOT push myself. Today was frustrating but I think tomorrow will be better.
In other news, Jenna's parents come MONDAY which means my mom comes IN A WEEK! AHHHHHHHHHHHH so excited I can't stand it. That's about it from Ghana. Sucks to be sick. This is the first time I think I've wished that I was home.. just so someone could take care of me :( but mom will be here soon enough and everything will be all better!!
"Life is far too important a thing to ever talk seriously about." -Oscar Wilde
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment