"Life is far too important a thing to ever talk seriously about." -Oscar Wilde

Friday, June 13, 2008

Guess who's back!!!!!

After the longest possible day of travel, I, Avra, am in the good old US of A. I never thought I would be so excited to be in America but I am and I'm here. Mom and dad and E and William came to get me and it was the best moment of my life. The flight took forever and a day and then I raced around JFK like a spaz cause we waited on the tarmack for like 45 minutes and then my luggage was like the last off and then I had to find my flight which wasn't listed on any of the departure boards. Yes, I freaked haha. But easy enough!! Yesterday was pretty emotional- on the drive to the airport and when we lifted off and I could see the stadium and black star square and the coast I almost was sobbing but I didn't want to scare the 8 year old sitting next to me..

JENNNNNA I MISSS YOU COME TO AMERICA NOW!! ps good luck on your exam and tell Dunc to hurry up too... PS weirded thing is fast internet and being able to use tap water. I feel like an alien.

More emotions later, for now, its 6:45 am here but 10:45 am my time which means I slept late today haha :)

2 comments:

Jenna Temple said...

How did you know I would read your blog like a stalker?! Glad to hear you were your classis self at JFK, but disspointed in the lack of food information. I am trying to live vicariously through you right now, work with me. I love you, have a great time at home. I'll eat a fan ice for you tonight, you drink me some milk :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Avra!!

I'll miss your magical, descriptive words just as you're probably already missing Ghana and your friends there...

I hope you'll keep writing and sharing your African experiences with the rest of us who, I agree, are living vicariously through you!

Welcome back!!

Love,
Daphne and 'the boys'