"Life is far too important a thing to ever talk seriously about." -Oscar Wilde

Sunday, May 11, 2008

And on Wednesdays we wear pink..

So the "ferocious four" (thanks for a title Jenna!) is back in action.. this was such a great weekend!!

Thursday Jenna and I went to get our passports (success!) and went to the Accra mall to run some errands. Checked out Woodin, Ghana's like best boutique/chain store that sells awesome traditional clothing with high end cloth- so cool- and found some good stuff. We also found salads and ice cream so it was great. We came back, hung out, Tell Jesse Dunc and I watched Juno, then we had a little party in Dunc's room- went well.

Friday, Jenna and I tried to run campus errands by getting our exam questions from the library (failure- they have one book for each semester of every year with the exam questions for EVERY test given that semester.. so everyone is after the exact same books, some of which are in a stack waiting to be photocopied and others are in stacks that kids have because they pick books up at like 8 at a time and don't return any until they're all done.. DUMB.) Anyways, then we went to check out drumming to learn the songs for our final where we were told that only the first song we played will be on it (good news!) and that we don't have to worry about the second song that we were taught two days prior. Best news ever. Then, I headed to Danielle and Daniel's to babysit for Ryan while they went to see a Spanish movie and get some dinner. Ryan and I hung out, ate some yummy pizza, made a cake, watched Robin Hood (the original, cartoon, best one ever) and Dinosaurs where I proceeded to fall asleep.

Saturday, Jenna Duncan Tell and I woke up early to head to Medina to get a tro-tro to Aburi Botanical Gardens. We drove for about 45 minutes through a lush, green road and then up a mountain to the gardens!! They were so beaitiful! We rented bikes and rode around the gardens for an hour. Then we got ice cream and laid in the park and cloud watched for a while. It was such a wonderful day. Then we headed back to campus and made a delicious lunch of tuna/avocado/laughing cow on brown bread and ramen noodle lunch- success. We split up, I skyped Drew and Max and Col and Bri and Kathleen! I hit the jack pot! It was awesome. We talked for a loooong time, it was really really nice. And then I skyped William which was really great and exactly what I needed. After the four of us got a traditional night market dinner, we played Apples to Apples for a while with Jesse and April and Amanda and Lucy. FUN!

Today, Dunc, Jenna, and I went to Danielle's complex to swim. We relaxed, sunbathed, swam, read, until a storm came in realll quick and we ran for cover at Danielle's. They had invited us to join them and some friends for a late Mother's Day lunch and we got to help cook and it was so fun! We made lots of different crustinis (can't spell..) like mashed beans and garlic and cheese and walnuts and tuna fish and roasted eggplant- yum! and feta tomato cucumber salad and pasta with shrimp and fish!! So good! Two other families came over and that was so nice cause I knew them so it was like a big family get together!! It was such a great day!

All in all, great weekend! We couldn't stop being like "This was so great!!" haha. This week- studying, last week of classes!! a little shopping? a hopefully a trip this weekend.. one last bang!!

Happy Mother's Day to my mommy and my grandma and to all the other moms who are reading this!! Hope you had as good of a day/weekend as I did!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Av, Loved the mom's day message. looking forward to huging you with my arms. Bike ridesounds wonderful, so glad you have great friends to share with. Talk to ya soon, Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Av, I loved your message. Your weekend sounds so great. So many various things to do and people to be with. Had a lovely Mothers Day with Howie and family. Before you know it, you will be home. My goodness, may this be the first of many great experiences in your life. Love Grandma

Anonymous said...

Animal pictures!

Stay well. Love Uncle M

Jess said...

You can't sit with us!!